FESTIVAL MARKETING ASSISTANT
Dates: w/c 20th June – w/e 16th September
Salary: £4,600 (£100/day for 46 days)
(inclusive of London allowance)
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Open City Documentary Festival celebrates the art of non-fiction, creating an open space in London to nurture and champion the art of creative documentary and non-fiction filmmakers. The festival sits within the Department of Anthropology at UCL.
The twelfth edition of the festival will take place from the 7th – 13th September 2022.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The Marketing Assistant will work with the Marketing Manager to deliver all promotional activities for the 2022 edition of the festival, including outreach, social media, content creation, and partnership engagement.
The working days will be 3 days per week from w/c 20th June, 4 days per week from w/c 15th of August, after which the position will be full time, with 1 day wrap-up after the festival. The position holder must be available to work the full dates of the festival 7th -13th of September, including the weekend and flexible working hours will be required during the festival dates.
The position holder will need to be registered as self-employed and may need to provide their own laptop.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate audience research, development, and outreach
- Partake in delivery of the digital communications strategy for the festival
- Supervise all digital and online platform development and management
- Create, design and curate content and copy in a range of formats for the festival owned and earned channels according to the strategy
- Co-ordinate the distribution of the festival’s printed marketing collateral, as well as filmmakers’ own promotional materials and other assets.
- Provide marketing support throughout the festival period, responding to demands, helping with event setup, ensuring partners / sponsors obligations are fulfilled across venues, and documenting events and posting live updates from festival screenings and industry events across social media channels
- Create partner packs and content for venues, partners and funders
- Update the website as required
- Activate festival partnerships and media partnerships on our digital platforms
- Collate and analyse the data/stats from all digital marketing platforms, reporting back on the successes / lessons learnt in relation to digital communications campaigns
- Supervise the collection of audience research and impact evaluation
- Co-ordinate the signage of the festival in venues
- Assist with press requests
- Ensure all data stored is GDPR compliant
- Write appropriate sections of the festival and funder reports
- Assist with any communications related projects which arise as part of the work, on time and on budget
- Demonstrable excellent copywriting and proofing skills (social media, email, and website)
- Proficiency in social media management (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube), newsletter creation (Mailchimp) and content management (Hootsuite, WordPress)
- Track record of delivering effective and creative social media activities
- Experience producing digital communication campaigns, both organic and paid
- Proficiency in content planning and scheduling tools (e.g. Later)
- Experience of using design software such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Video-editing skills for social media
- Good understanding of GDPR
- Interest in non-fiction film and desire to engage with the festival programme
- Experience working in the creative sector
- Experience delivering ‘brand’ or ‘message’ awareness
- Familiarity with Google AdWords environment
As part of London’s Global University, we know diversity fosters creativity and innovation. We are committed to equality of opportunity, to being fair and inclusive, and to being a place where we all belong.
We therefore particularly encourage applications from candidates currently underrepresented in UCL’s workforce and within the cultural sector. These include: people from Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds, disabled people and LGBTQ+ people.
To apply please email a CV and covering letter addressing how you meet the essential criteria (no more than 500 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing Assistant Application”.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 16th of May. Interviews will be held on 25th and 26th of May.
The closing date for this position is 17.00 on Monday 16th May 2022
Interview date: 25th and 26th May 2022