DELEGATE SERVICES MANAGER
(OPEN CITY DOCUMENTARY FESTIVAL 2019)
Dates: June 24 – September 13 (50 days – PT and FT combination)
Reports to: Festival Producer, Festival Director
Responsible for: Delegate Services Assistant
Open City Documentary Festival is currently looking for a Delegate Services Manager to join the team, and oversee the planning and delivery of all Industry & Filmmaker Guest services. With a focus on guest liaison and administration, the Delegate Services Manager will be the main point of contact for all industry and filmmaker delegates.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5PM on Monday 20th May. Interviews will take place in the week of 27th of May.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as main point of contact for all industry and filmmaker delegates, with communications before, during and after the festival.
- Arrange flights, accommodation and airport transfers for all attending filmmakers, industry guests and invited press delegates.
- Keep guest budget up to date with all expenditure and income. After the festival, Reconcile the guest budget and industry budget and provide a final report.
- Assist with cultural partner communications in regards to attending international filmmakers.
- Create official invitation letters for guests as required for travel visas.
- Create and distribute invited filmmakers’ and industry guests schedules for the festival with assistance from Delegate Services Assistant.
- Update talent list with attending filmmakers details and regularly circulate to wider festival team.
- Oversee opening and closing night guest lists.
- Manage database for Industry, Filmmaker, Press and Student delegates, and process accreditations.
- Manage complimentary accreditation for partners, sponsors and stakeholders including updating guest list, sending invitations and processing accreditations.
- Create and distribute Delegate information pack with all relevant information about benefits, screenings, Industry Programme, P&I screenings, Video Library, and other events.
- Oversee guest lists for public screenings; processing ticket requests, ensuring all priority delegates are satisfied and all delegates receive notification of tickets in a timely manner. Work with press team to ensure tickets are held for press delegates. Communicate with wider festival team regarding any additional ticket requirements.
- Liaise with wider team with regards to industry event booking for delegates.
- Oversee creation of delegate passes and bags
- Respond to enquiries regarding accreditation.
- Work with Production Manager to oversee the plans for the Delegate Centre including floor plans, inventories and any relevant hires.
- Liaise with Festival Producer regarding sponsorship as relevant to delegates including delegate bag materials and hospitality.
- Work with Festival Director and Producer to plan and execute guest hospitality during the festival including breakfasts, lunches and other hospitality.
- Work with Festival Director on industry surgeries including inviting and liaising with hosts and creating booking system for delegates.
- Oversee the video library as part of the Festival Hub; work with Technical Manager to ensure all titles are sourced and work with Delegate Services Assistant to create booking system.
- Attend weekly meetings and provide progress reports as required, and contribute to daily schedules
During the festival:
- Oversee the set-up of the Delegate Centre as part of the Festival Hub. You will be responsible for the daily running of the centre throughout the festival working with the wider team including volunteers. Assist with Industry hospitality and networking including daily happy hours as required.
- Ensure Video Library is correctly set up and brief volunteers on booking processes throughout the festival.
- Run the filmmaker and industry delegate desks at the Delegate Centre, acting as the main point of contact for queries regarding delegates.
- Oversee industry surgeries during the festival at the hub.
- Oversee Press and Industry screenings, ensuring the schedule runs to time and front of house volunteers are briefed.
Based out of the Open City Docs office at UCL. Normal working hours are from 10am-6pm however weekend work and flexible working hours will be required during the festival dates. You may need to provide your own laptop in the run-up to the festival. You will need to be registered as self employed.
The working days will be 3 days a week for the first month, 4 days a week for three weeks then full time for remainder of contract. 2 days wrap up post-festival.
Please subscribe to our newsletter to hear about any other opportunities as soon as they arise.