News: Assembly 2019 Participants Announced
We are happy to announce the participants for Assembly, a new development lab for creative documentaries taking place in London in September 2019.
The lab is a project-based intensive workshop for international filmmakers working on their first or second feature. Participants from seven selected projects will attend a four-day programme (31st August – 3rd September 2019) in London that will include talks, workshops and one-to-one mentoring.
During the programme, one of the seven projects selected for Assembly will be awarded £10,000 in development funding for their feature film, following a closed pitch.
The projects selected for Assembly 2019 are:
- Curiua Catu (Portugal). Director: Pedro Lino. Producers: Pablo Iraola, Pandora da Cunha Telles,
- I am Sarah, with an H (UK). Director: Charly Feldman. Producer: Anna von Dziembowska.
- Land of Women (Egypt). Director: Nada Riyadh. Producer: Ayman El Amir.
- NAZ (UK). Directors: Ana Naomi de Sousa & Omar El-Khairy. Producer: Elhum Shakerifar.
- Nowhere Near (USA). Director: Miko Revereza. Producer: Shireen Seno.
- Radio Blackout (UK). Director: Matt Houghton. Producer: Alistair Payne-James.
- The Inventory (Mexico). Director: Ilana Coleman. Producer: Jamie Gonçalves.
Further details on each project will follow in the coming weeks.
400 applications for projects originating from more than 60 countries were received since submissions were opened for Assembly in February.
Assembly aims to create a space for filmmakers to develop and strengthen their projects in order to support emerging voices in non-fiction storytelling. Participants will also be able to attend screenings, talks and networking events as part of Open City Documentary Festival 2019.
The workshop programme will take place between 31st August – 3rd September, the pitch will take place on Thursday 5th September, and Open City Documentary Festival will take place between 4th September – 10th September. The programme for Open City Documentary Festival will be announced on the 24th July.