Tutors: Havana Marking and Ben Pollard
Sat 7th, Sun 8th, Sat 14th, Sun 15th February (10am to 6pm)
Over two weekends learn about how to get your documentary idea off the ground and learn the cameras skills needed to shoot it.
Havana Marking, award-winning director of Afghan Star, will take an all-day workshop on turning your ideas into a film and offer advice on the following topics:
- Developing your ideas
- Researching and writing a treatment
- Casting and conducting interviews
- Finding the narrative, scripting documentary.
Over the other three days you will learn the camera skills essential to shooting in the documentary style. Through a series of camera exercises of increasing complexity you should will learn the following skills:
- hand held shooting technique
- using a tripod
- intelligent use of automatic controls
- getting good sound for interviews
- filming a sequence
- filming uncontrolled action
- filming for the edit
Price: £400, £375 Student, £350 UCL Student*
*please note that student places are limited.